Texas Green Fried Tomatoes
Everyone here has gardens and you get green tomatoes anytime you want. I keep one plant just for green tomatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs (beaten with salt&pepper)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- oil (in Iron skillet and hot)
- 3 green tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Put skillet on and get oil hot as your preparing tomatoes.
- Cut tomatoes as thick or thin as you like them.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Roll tomatoes in egg and then in dredging mixture (Cornmeal& Flour mixture).
- Do this twice and drop into hot oil.
- When golden brown on both sides take out.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation