Texas Bbq Brisket Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a awsome soup! Has everyting you could want in a meal, beans, vegetables, meat. We love it in the winter. It is a little time consuming, but well worth it
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped beef brisket
- 2 cups pinto beans (already cooked or canned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 6 quarts water
- 6 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- beef bones with marrow or short rib of beef, to make beef broth (canned just doesn't cut it!)
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- In a large pot, simmer beef bones, water, BBQ seasoning.
- for 2 hours.
- Remove and discard bones.
- Reserve stock.
- In a pan saute saute whole garlic cloves.
- into oil.
- Add Carrots and when they start to carmelize,.
- add onion.
- Let both carmelize to golden brown.
- Into the beef broth add Carrot/Onion/Garlic mixture,.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION