Tex-Mex Layered Dip
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) can bean dip
- 8 ounces guacamole
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spread beans in bottom of serving dish.
- Top with guacamole. You can use any recipe you like or even use a good guacamole dip.
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning and spread over guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sour cream layer.
- Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good, of course! Although I think it would be perfect with the given ratios, I increased it to feed more people. In a deep-dish pie plate, I used a 16oz can of refried beans mixed with approx. 1/2 cup salsa so it wouldn't be too stiff. Then topped with a 12 oz. container of pre-made guacamole. Put the same amount of sour cream mixture on top as stated, and the pie plate was full! I sparingly sprinkled cheese on top before adding quartered cherry tomatoes and diced green onions. It was delicious, but I would have enjoyed being able to increase the sour cream since I increased everything else. Did not think more cheese was needed.
I made this for an appetizer as I have family flying in tomorrow. As I made this, I put a little of each layer on a paper plate, so I could try it without messing up the dish. This was great!!! It was quick and easy to get together ahead of time. Thanks for another great recipe mama!!! Made for Bev Tag.
Cool and refreshing! Yes! I said cool and refreshing! I`m so used to having this type of dip hot! Which is good don`t get me wrong But this was yummy too! This is great for the HOT days of summer. OK I used a 16 ounce can of refried beans, for the guacamole I used Recipe #51532, for the taco seasoning I used adobo sauce, 2 scallions, an 1 cup cheese. I found the amounts I used perfect for the dish I served it in. This is a great recipe to take and make it to fit anyone's taste. Thanks for the good eats!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Proud Zaar original member! Very disappointed with the new site.