- Ready In:
- 4 ounces macaroni (can use corn or rice pasta)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown ground beef, garlic, and onions in a large skillet sprayed with oil.
- When ground beef is cooked, add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
Join The Conversation
Made this tonight for dinner because I had to work a meeting after work and needed something quick and tasty! This came together easily and tasted very good. I let the dish sit over low heat for about 30 minutes to let the spices meld....ended up adding a bit more cayenne pepper to increase the heat. The cinnamon flavor came through easily, and added a little something special. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars.
TY for a great meal for any week-night. This went together really quite fast and I love all-in-one meals anyway. So hearty and filling. Served up with some garlicbread and the fam was good to go. Omitted the black beans per family's request but otherwise followed your directions exactly. The cinnamon was a great little addition that I have never included in my goulash b/f. The taste came thru nicely. Glad I tagged for " Went to the Market" tag game.