My family loves this quick and easy casserole! This dish is spicy, but you can cut the heat of this dish by using "mild" enchilada sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can hot enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- Line a 9X13X2-inch baking dish with 4 torn flour tortillas.
- Place ground beef mixture over tortillas.
- Layer with beans, enchilada sauce, and cream of chicken soup over ground beef.
- Next, top with shredded cheese, 4 more torn flour tortillas, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top with a little extra cheese if desired; return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good taste and easy to prepare. I did drain the beans but not the tomatoes. I bottom can out nice, but the top with the tomatoes over it was a little soggy. As a whole the casserole saw not overly wet. I think if a person would drain both beans and tomatoes this would be perfect! Made for *"ADOPT" A Orphaned Tag Game* 2007... out of the orphanage of the 1-2-3 Wonders game.