Tex-Mex Breakfast Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced and undrained
- 1 cup hash brown, frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown meat with spices. Then add onion and tomatoes with green chiles and cook until meat is browned.
- Butter 9"x13" casserole pan. Layer in hash brown potatoes and meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix eggs and cheese and pour on top of the meat.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I learned how to cook since I was young helping my dear Mom in the kitchen. Also like to combine ideas or ingredients from different recipes to create some of my own, so my dear husband and my family enjoy what I cook.