Tessa Kiros Apples for Jam Pear and Berry Crumble
- Ready In:
- 2 large pears
- 1 cup mixed berry
- 70 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * Preheat your oven to 190ºC. Generously butter an ovenproof dish or baking tin.
- * Peel and slice your pears (or apples) and place them in the dish. Mix in the berries and scatter half the caster sugar over the fruit.
- * Mix together the flour, brown sugar and the other half of the caster sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and vanilla and rub them in with your fingertips, working until the mixture is fine and grainy. If you're feeling healthy you can add an oaty topping!
- * Scatter the topping over the fruit to cover it completely in a good thick layer. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top is nicely golden and some berry juice has oozed up a bit over the crust and darkened it here and there.
- * Let it cool down a touch and then serve warm with whipped thick or clotted cream, a jug of custard or vanilla ice cream. Serves 6. I had custard. Yum.
- You can use any ripe sweet fruit you like for this. You can mix some chopped shelled walnuts (about 30g) through the topping or a nutty crunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Im no longer a student and attempting to start cooking and becomming a domestic goddess!