Delicious Pear and Berry Crumble by Tessa Kiros, from the book Apples for Jam. Full recipe and images can be seen <a href="http://hearthandmadeuk.blogspot.com/2010/05/love-food-pear-cranberry-crumble.html/">Here</a>
* Preheat your oven to 190ºC. Generously butter an ovenproof dish or baking tin.
* Peel and slice your pears (or apples) and place them in the dish. Mix in the berries and scatter half the caster sugar over the fruit.
* Mix together the flour, brown sugar and the other half of the caster sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and vanilla and rub them in with your fingertips, working until the mixture is fine and grainy. If you're feeling healthy you can add an oaty topping!
* Scatter the topping over the fruit to cover it completely in a good thick layer. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top is nicely golden and some berry juice has oozed up a bit over the crust and darkened it here and there.
* Let it cool down a touch and then serve warm with whipped thick or clotted cream, a jug of custard or vanilla ice cream. Serves 6. I had custard. Yum.
You can use any ripe sweet fruit you like for this. You can mix some chopped shelled walnuts (about 30g) through the topping or a nutty crunch.