Terry's Feta-Bacon Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 4 medium zucchini, about 8-9-inch long
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (no salt needed)
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut ends off top and bottom of zucchini; then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out a little of the middle (helps topping stay in place).
- Place these long pieces into a 9x13 pan, cut side up. Use a fork to prick each piece about 8 times. Brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare topping: mix together garlic, parsley, black pepper, bacon and feta.
- Place topping evenly over all 8 pieces of zucchini.
- Sprinkle tops with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake 350 for 20-24 minutes or until a fork inserted into the zucchini feels tender.
- APPETIZER SUGGESTION: Rather than logs, cut into 1/4" rounds. Place a little topping onto each individual serving; bake as directed.
Join The Conversation
These were F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!!! My husband was hesitant at first but, was really surprised with the flavors. We halfed the recipe since it's just the two of us and used smaller zucchini. The smokey flavor of the bacon combined with the buttery flavor of the feta....YUMMY! I think these would be great as an appetizer but, rather they serving them as a log I would cut the zucchini into round slices, spoon the mixture on top and then bake them. I think people would keep coming back for more. For the "log" zucchini I think next time I will lightly take a spoon over the interior length of these to scrape a little of the flesh out so that the toppings stay a little better within the zucchini. These are terrific, thank you for sharing!