Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon Patties
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine or 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely minced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely minced green pepper
- 3 egg whites
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- In a small saucepan stir together soy sauce, sugar and brown sugar together over medium heat, stirring well, until sugars dissolve; add ginger root, garlic, wine, and pineapple juice, and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of cold water with the cornstarch and whisk into soy mixture.
- Stir and cook until mixture thickens; stir in sesame oil; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine salmon, breadcrumbs, green onion, green pepper, egg whites, and 3 tablespoons of the sauce until well combined.
- Form mixture into 4-5 patties.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet and cook, 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, place on plate with some of the sauce on patty, or serve patty on bun with sauce,"burger-style".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org