Teriyaki Chicken With Asparagus
A different and satisfying stir-fry. For a vegetarian option, omit chicken. Great recipe to use up left-over chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 asparagus spears, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups prepared rice
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Saute asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in chicken, rice and cranberries. Saute an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, teriyaki and chicken broth.
- Stir mixture into sauté mix and cook until thickened.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a super quick meal to prepare. We liked this, but thought that this was a little bland. When I make this again I will through in some crushed red pepper and possibly a jalapeno or two. We love asparagus and I always love recipes that utilize that ingredient. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe Backwoods Foodie. Made for PAC Spring 2014.Reply