photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large white onion, cut in half and quartered or thick half circles
- teriyaki marinade (see my Teriyaki Marinade or Sauce)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour enough marinade to coat chicken and mix together.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- (To retain moisture during high temperature cooking.) You can refrigerate over night before cooking.
- Heat a heavy wok or skillet and drizzle oil down sides and coat bottom.
- It is important to have sufficent oil so the meat doesn't stick to the pan.
- Excess will drain off.
- Allow it to heat until it is slightly smoking.
- Keep heat high and cook small batches of one cup or less of chicken pieces at a time.
- Allow pan to heat for a few seconds between batches.
- Cook each batch until barely done.
- Chicken should be"blackened" if your heat is high enough.
- When all chicken is cooked return it all to the pan and make sure it is completely done.
- Dip out the chicken, leaving the excess oil in the pan and quickly stir-fry the onion and add it to the chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fried rice and eggrolls, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family and I tried this for the first time tonight and it was a hit. I did use Lite Soy Sauce since I heard this can be quite salty and it did seem still a little salty, so next time I will use less Soy Sauce. <br/><br/>Also the sauce was a little watery, so I may add some cornstarch to thicken it. <br/><br/>I only marinated for 20 minutes like the recipe states, and it was perfect!
see 4 more reviews