Teresa's Garlic Green Beans
photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
- fresh green beans, with ends trimmed-use amount appropriate for desired servings
- butter (as a rule, 1 T per 2 servings of beans)
- fresh garlic (minced/crushed amount varies-but as a rule, I use 1 large clove per 2 servings of beans)
- olive oil, can be used instead of butter for vegetarian/vegans (or for those watching their waistlines! Use less oil than butter 2 t per 2 servings)
- Steam green beans until tender-crisp.
- Melt butter in pot big enough to hold green beans.
- Add garlic and heat until you can smell the garlic.
- Remove pan from heat and add green beans to pot.
- Coat beans with butter/garlic.
- Serve as a fabulous side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am a true garlic lover, so I was looking forward to trying this recipe. Now, I am looking forward to making this again. I fixed this with a brisket and homemade mac & cheese - what a meal! I did underestimate the time so ended up using canned green beans instead of the fresh ones - canned green beans never tasted so good. I'll make this again with those fresh ones that I have in the fridge. Can't wait! Thanks for posting this one Tgirl!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Teresa, and I live in Lake Worth, Florida. I've been away from Zaar for a few years now..time sure flew! Lots has changed...some for the better, some not so much. I'm single again, and my cat, Stetson, passed away. Hopefully, I'll be around more and get back into the swing of things..I missed you guys!