photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- ice cube (about 2 cups)
- 8 meyer lemons
- 1 dash sugar cane syrup or simple syrup
- 4 sprigs fresh peppermint, leaves torn
- 1 lemon, sliced into wheels
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 dash of soda water or seltzer water
- 2 vanilla beans, for garnish
- Into a pitcher, put about 2 scoops of ice cubes.
- Squeeze in the juice of 8 Meyer lemons or 8 regular lemons in a pinch! Add several dashes of sugar cane syrup. Add the leaves of 2 fresh mint sprigs, torn into pieces. Add a few lemon wheels for garnish. Add 4 ounces of Tequila and give it a stir.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When serving, put the ice in tall glasses, and pour the Tequila Lemonade over the top. Top up with a splash of fizzy soda water. Garnish each glass with a wheel of lemon, a vanilla bean, a sprig of mint, and a paper umbrella.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.