Tenderloin Steaks With Arugula (Rocket)-Cornichon Relish
- Ready In:
- 2 (1/4 lb) beef tenderloin steaks (cut 1-inch thick, about 1 lb. total) or (1/2 lb) rib eye steak, halved (cut 1-inch thick, about 1 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or 3 tablespoons sweet gherkins
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups torn arugula or 3 cups mixed salad greens
- Trim fat and rub both sides of steaks with pepper and salt. In large skillet, heat 2 T of olive oil over medium heat. Add steaks and cook until desired doneness, turning once halfway through cooking (8–11 minutes for medium rare or 12—14 minutes for medium).
- Meanwhile, for relish, in a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, parsley cornichons, capers, green onion, and vinegar. Set aside.
- To serve, cut steaks in thin slices. Arrange arugula on 4 dinner plates. Top with steak slices and spoon relish over the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!