Tenderloin of Pork With Apricot Stuffing
photo by Colin Cartledge
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 500 g pork tenderloin
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
apricot prepared stuffing
- 125 g white breadcrumbs
- 125 g dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 50 g butter (MELTED)
- orange zest
- salt and black pepper
- 100 ml water
- 200 g apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- First of all make the stuffing mix. chop the onion garlic and apricots finely (i use a food processor for this).
- Add the breadcrumbs, melted butter, herbs,orange zest, egg and seasoning and mix well.
- Next open out the tenderloin. Make a cut down the center to within a cm of the of the thickness. Open it out and make more cuts working out towards the edges of the tenderloin. This will allow you to flatten the meat out fully.
- Then spread the stuffing mixture onto the pork. When it is covered, roll the joint firmly from one side and tie with string.
To start cooking:
- Heat the butter in an oven proof dish on top of the stove.
- Add the garlic and cook till well brown and then remove.
- Put the pork into the dish and brown all over.
- Put a lid on the dish and transfer to a pre-heated oven (170°C) and cook the pork for 88 minutes per kg.
- Remove the lid for the last 20 minutes to brown the joint.
- While the pork is cooking make the sauce.
- Put the water into a saucepan, add the jam and heat gently until the jam has melted.
- Add the curry powder and stir well.
- Serve with the pork and seasonal vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Nearing 50, Work for the Post office and love to cook in my spare time. I'm a self confessed food-aholic and love to try new foods. i will eat almost anything