photo by My Albanian Food
- Ready In:
- 500 g diced beef liver
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 5 roasted and diced red bell peppers
- 6 diced tomatoes
- 100 g feta cheese
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 40 g flour
- 4 bay leaves
- 220 ml hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Firstly, brown the liver for a few minutes in olive oil, remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- Add the garlic into the remaining oil and saute for 2 minutes before adding the red peppers and tomatoes then continue to saute on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour while stirring continuously, then add in the feta and ricotta cheese. Continue stirring for a few minutes before adding the bay leaves, water and liver.
- This is the best time to season to taste with chilli flakes, salt and pepper – then leave to cook together for 5 minutes.
- Split the mixture into 4 clay dishes and cook on 200 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serve the Albanian Tave Dheu while hot and bubbling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My recipes are here to help you make an Albanian recipe in your own home. Tried, tested and perfected Albanian food so you can get it right the first time.