Tater Tot Taco Salad
I was in the mood for something different. I had some tator tots and ground beef in the freezer. This is what I came up with. My family enjoyed it.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups frozen miniature tater tots
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 tablespoons picante sauce or 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- Bake tater tots according to directions on package.
- Cook beef and drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning packet.
- Add water and simmer about five minutes or until most of the liquid has disappeared.
- Put tater tots on four plates.
- Top with taco mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream.
- Feel free to use any topping that you enjoy on a taco.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have to give this 5 stars because my kids (and I ) loved it. We had it on Saturday and they asked to have it again this week! It is so simple. I had lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, onion, salsa and cheese all on the side and everyone could build their own taco salad. There is something about those tater tots with all the toppings that is super yummy. Thanks for a great week night meal!Reply
see 1 more