Tarragon Rice Pilaf
This is a very nice and flavorful rice dish and goes great with Recipe #258049.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- Melt butter in saucepan and cook onion over medium heat until golden. Stir in rice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat down to low. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Keep rice covered and remove from heat after it has been simmering for the 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and stir in parsley and tarragon. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION