Tarragon Mayonnaise Dip
This is a perfect compliment for both vegetables and fried foods, and can also be used in sandwiches.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt or 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Variation: For spicer version of this dip, add 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce, or horseradish to taste, and even 1 Tbs. of Brandy if you please.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Bekah, we really liked this ALOT!!! The flavors blend subtly together. Even those who insist they don't care for tarragon would probably like this because it is so subtle. We used it as a dip for our artichokes, but one could thin it a bit (or not) and use it as a dressing. We love spicy, but felt this was perfect as it was. I learned something new. You can buy tomato paste in a tube. I was so tired of wasting tomato paste. No more! It is Atkins friendly and gluten-free, too. Love it! Thank you! ;)