Tarragon Crab Salad
Recipe from Epicurius. Posted to get nutritional values. The keys to this fast, simple dish, which was inspired by a crab-stuffed tomato at Yves Camdeborde's Paris brasserie, Le Comptoir du Relais, are ripe tomatoes, fresh herbs, and excellent crabmeat.
- Ready In:
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (mild)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 teaspoons tarragon (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thick (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (leaves, baby)
- Blend yolk, vinegar, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream.
- Toss crabmeat with dressing, tarragon, and chives.
- Season tomatoes with salt and serve topped with romaine and crab.
- Serve with: a toasted baguette.
- Cooks' notes: The egg yolk in this recipe is not cooked.