Taqueria Victoria's Banana Cake
photo by Kippy2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan; set aside.
- Place sugar in a large mixing bowl, in the order listed, stir in eggs, butter, baking soda, sour cream and bananas.
- Add and stir in flour 1 cup at a time until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This cake is very moist and has a great banana flavor. I agree with other reviewers that the 3 cups of sugar is too much, when I make this again, I will cut that by half. Also, the baking time stated is not long enough. I used a Bundt pan and my cake took a little over an hour before it was done. The top was getting too brown, so I covered it with foil and lowered the oven temp. to 325 degrees F. I also added a little vanilla extract to the cake. I would make this cake again.
This cake is awesome! I does however require more time to cook than 45 minutes. I added 15, then 10 minutes to just sit in the oven. The edges came out crispy and the inside was like pudding! All the girls loved it at my event. Even the guys here at work want me to make them one. Definitely a keeper.
This cake is extremely moist and delicious! It is the BEST ever! I found, though, that making it in a 2 piece Angel food cake (tube) pan worked out better than a bundt pan. It seemed to cook more thoroughly. In the Angel food cake pan, I bake it for about 1 hr. 15 mins. to 1 hr. 25 mins. or until toothpick comes out almost clean. I also add raisins--about 1 1/2 cups--to the batter. Sifting powdered sugar over the top of the cake when cooled, is perfect! The cake is sweet enough as it is. I thought I had a great banana cake recipe from my Mom before a friend shared this recipe with me, but I was WRONG! Sorry, Mom!