photo by MelindaKeen
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Add the eggs and the coconut oil Mix it well with a fork at first and then by kneading. (The dough may seem too dry, but you don't it sticky. Knead it very well. If it continues to fall apart add 1 tablespoon of water.).
- Separate the dough into 6 equal sizes then shape each into rounds about an inch thick.
- Place them about an inch apart on a lightly oiled baking sheet or parchment paper and bake for 11-12 minutes. (They will flatten out some and turn a very light brown. If they get too brown they will be tough.).
- Cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an author, middle school teacher and certified nutrition consultant. My published works included "Low Oxalate Fresh and Fast Cookbook" (2015), and "Real Food Real Results" (2016). My first cookbook, "Low Oxalate Fresh and Fast Cookbook" grew out of my love of cooking and the desire to help others prepare a variety of fresh and healthy low-oxalate meals. My second cookbook, "Real Food Real Results" includes gluten-free, low-oxalate, and nutrient-rich recipes. My experience with chronic illness and research on the potential ill effects of harmful foods led me to evaluate and rework my recipes which transformed my own life and health. Melinda is a wife, mother, grandmother, certified nutritional consultant, and educator presently living in Tennessee.