Tangy Chuck Wagon Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 beef blade roast, approx 3 lbs
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled &, quartered
- 6 -8 carrots, peeled &, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot; add roast & cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pot & keep warm.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Add next 7 ingredients& mix well.
- Return beef to pot, cover & cook in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Spoon off any excess fat.
- Add vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 1 hour or until beef is fork-tender & veggies cooked to your liking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I'm always on the lookout for a good crockpot Pot Roast recipe. This recipe was very easy to make but I wasn't thrilled with the result. The meat was nice and tender but there wasn't as much flavor as I had hoped. I think if I make this recipe again, I will try a smokey barbeque sauce to hopefully get some more flavor.
Delicious, delicious, delicious! I used to cringe whenever my mom would make a pot roast because it would always be dry and bland. Not this one though. I used a hearty chuck roast and a cheap-o bottle of Open Pit BBQ sauce. Followed the directions otherwise and had a fantastic dinner. A definite keeper and one of my new favourites.