Tangerine Tea Cakes
- Ready In:
60 tea cakes
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 1 tablespoon tangerine marmalade
- 2 tangerines, zest of
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- powdered sugar
- These tiny tea cakes can be prepared in a silicone tart pan, or in petit four or mini muffin paper cups. If using, arrange cups on a sheet pan. Yield will depend on the size you choose.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a mixer, beat almond paste, marmalade and zest for a few minutes, until broken apart. Add eggs one at a time, adding the single yolk last. Mix in the flour on low speed, until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the melted butter, and mix until blended. Batter will be very thin.
- Fill tart pan or cups nearly full using a spoon or pastry bag, if preferred. Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar. These can be served right in the cups. Enjoy your little gems!
Join The Conversation
wow, wow, wow. I loved these wonderful little beautys Maito. They were perfect, the texture was amazing, light, tender and fluffy. The flavors of the almond and orange compliment one another beautifully. I made 1/2 the recipe and it worked really well, I got 12 mini muffins, which is perfect for me. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. Made FYC Tag Game - 2015. Kudos on making it into my Favorites Cookbook for 2015.