Posted for Zaar World Tour 2 India recipes Best if marinated for 4 hours to overnight.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 roasting chickens, cut up or 2 split rock cornish game hens
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass dish or plastic bag. Close tight and refrigerate, turning occasionally, 4 hours or overnight.
- Place chicken, skin side up 5-7 inches from medium hot coals. Grill 50-60 minutes or until done. Turn every 10-15 minutes.
- Or cook at 350 for 45- 60 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am British and KNOW a good tandoori when I eat one, this was fabulous! The chicken was so moist and the flavour was subtle with wonderful dancing flavours on the tongue! I left mine to marinate over night in the fridge. I also used chicken pieces and not a whole chicken for this, as there are only two of us here at present. I served this with a fresh salad and some home-made Indian flat breads, GORGEOUS! Keep up the fight Karen, lots of warm and supportive wishes coming your way.....FT. Made for Prop it Up AND Karen's Cookathon. :-)