MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
There's nothing fishy about this wonderful dish;-)!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 12mins
- 2 (400 g) pomfret fish, washed and cleaned
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup malt vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt, whisked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ajwain (carom)
- 3 teaspoons gram flour (besan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon tandoori spice mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cream
- 3 -5 drops red food coloring
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, for basting
- Make 2 to 3 incisions on each side of the fish and keep aside.
- Mix ingredients 2 to 5 in a bowl and half of the garlic paste.
- Add fish and mix well.
- Leave aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Add yogurt and mix well to combine.
- Add the remaining garlic paste and the rest of the ingredients, except the cream and food colour.
- Mix very well.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and drain out the marinade completely.
- Drop the fish in the yogurt marinade mixture and add the food colour.
- Mix well and let the fish marinate in this mixture for 1hour 15 minutes.
- Then pass a metal skewer through the fish.
- Grill on a hot barbecue for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let the moisture dry a bit.
- Baste the fish with butter on both sides.
- Grill for another 4 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with onion rings and lemon slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION