Tandoor Style Green Beans for Two (Vegan)
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl mix the oil with the spices and black sesame seeds.
- Put the green beans in a tossing bowl with the oil/spice mixture and toss well to coat.
- Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes for the flavors to absorb.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a large skillet or frying pan and on medium-high heat, move the greenbeans around with a spatula until fully cooked but not shrunken.
- Makes about two 1-cup servings and doubling/tripling works just dandy if cooking for more people.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love the spice section of my favorite Indian grocery store! And I had some canned cut greenbeans I picked up cheap; eliminates the steaming time. About 2 cups fresh will suffice if you want to go that route. The black sesame seeds make for a nice crunch and Indian flavor, plus the green and black look so nice together. Plus, the greenbeans don't taste canned this way!