- Ready In:
- 25 g gingerroot, finely chopped
- 4 -5 green chilies
- 25 g coconut oil
- 3 -4 dried red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 25 g jaggery (powdered)
- 7 -8 curry leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Dissolve the tamarind pulp in the water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add mustard. When it starts spluttering, add dried red chillies and sauté.
- Next, add chopped ginger and green chillies; fry well, strain and keep aside.
- Heat the tamarind water, add turmeric powder, chili powder, asafetida, jaggery, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds. Boil till it turns thick.
- Add the fried ginger and green chillies, boil for a minute.
- Once it has cooled, transfer to a dry airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hieee...I'm Indian woman who recently shifted to San Diego,CA.... <br>Coming from a family of people to LOVE to eat and experiment with all kinds of good food,I took to helping out Mama in her kitchen pretty early on,and gradually moved on to creating my own recipes or altering recipes I found elsewhere. <br>Now,having been blessed with a DH who is a total foodie(touchwood!)and a great cook himself(!),I'm constantly on the search for new recipes...