Tamal En Casuela: Cuban Tamale Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Cut pork into cubes and marinate in lemon and garlic.
- Brown pork and add enough olive oil to simmer with onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, and wine.
- Mix cornmeal and water thoroughly, then strain.
- Add strained mixture to previous ingredients.
- Cook on stove for one hour stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good soup for a winter night if you are looking for something new to try. We thought it needed more seasoning,so I added a lot of cilantro ,ground cumin and cayenne pepper. I also added 1/2 cup of black beans for texture. It tasted better fresh,because it becomes very thick after standing in refrigerator overnight.Thank you for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is the one from the 1940's that belonged to my Cuban great-aunt. The best recepies are the ones she had written in the margins & on the covers. My favorite childhood memory is sucking on a cinnamon stick I pulled out of hot rice pudding on a rain afternoon.