Taiwanese Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 boneless pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Make the marinade: combine all the marinade ingredients in a big bowl; mix well.
- Add in the pork chops and stir to coat evenly; let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Make dipping sauce: combine all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well; set aside.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a 2-quart saucepan; heat to 350° F on a deep-frying thermometer.
- Working in batches, remove pork chops from marinade, drain briefly, and dust evenly with flour, shaking off excess.
- Slide the chops into the hot oil and fry, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; keep warm while you cook the remaining chops.
- Arrange pork chops on a serving plate and serve with dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note