- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium firmness tofu
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- lemon (optional)
- Mix the equal parts of water and brown sugar until the brown sugar nearly dissolves. Boil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While that is boiling, heat the tofu and most of its water to nearly boiling for a few minutes and then drain it.
- Put it into a medium to large container (with a lid if you want to save it for later).
- When the sugar mixture is done, turn off the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Pour onto the tofu and "smash" the tofu into small bite size pieces.
- If it is too sweet you can add a small squeeze of lemon. You can eat this warm (as a breakfast) or cold (as a dessert). Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just recently became a stay at home mom and to fill up my day, (as if a new baby wasn't enough) I have tried cooking. Most of the things I eat are dairy free, so this website (and the reviews) help out a lot. I have also started experimenting with vegetarian "meats" as I was tired of not knowing what I just bit into to make my teeth hurt...