Tahitian Fish Stew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 quarts fish stock
- 2 1⁄2 lbs white fish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- chopped chives (to garnish)
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- In a pot, heat oil, fennel seeds and chili pepper.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add garlic and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and tomatoes.
- Simmer until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Add stock and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add salt, fish and spinach.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until fish is cooked.
- Sprinkle with chives and parsley, and serve lime wedges on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!