I saw a similar version of these Blondies on Throwdown w/ Bobby Flay and Googled the recipe until I found the one that looked the closest to the one that was on the show. ( I usually give the link to the page but I cannot remember where I found it!) But this recipe ROCKS!!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (8 ounce can, drained and pressed to remove as much juice as possible)
- Preheat oven the 350°F.
- Spray a 9x-inch13 pan with cooking spray (and line with parchment paper if you want to remove the blondies to cut into circles).
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir. Blend in the flour mixture, then add the coconut, nuts, pineapple, and white chocolate. Do not over mix or the blondies will be tough. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until lightly golden. Do not over bake. Cool before cooking.
- F.Y.I-I used cashews instead of the macadamia nuts and a round cookie cutter to replicate the Blondies on the show!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum! These are delicious, moist, treats. They are easy to make too. I made them to welcome a big snowstorm and if I use my imagination, I can almost picture myself on the beach, enjoying these in a lounge chair. Even my picky eater that I thought might reject them because of the coconut raved!Reply