Tagliatelle With Ham and Peas
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces thick-sliced smoked ham, excess fat trimmed off and cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 cup peas, either fresh or thawed frozen
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente. (Time the pasta so it is done about the same time as the sauce).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add ham and peas and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 3 mins or more. Reduce the heat to very low to keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Add sauce, salt and pepper to pasta. Toss pasta with enough of the pasta water to make a light sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!