This is very good! It is a combination of a taco and a burrito. I got this from the Colorado Cache cookbook. Prep time approximate. Cook time does not include making the white sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups prepared white sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped mild green chilies
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 12 white flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add chili powder, garlic, salt and onion.
- Combine white sauce, sage, oregano, cumin and chiles.
- Simmer over very low heat until warm.
- Reserve 1 cup sauce and 1 cup grated cheese.
- Mix remaining sauce and cheese with meat, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place this mixture in tortillas, roll and place seam side down in a flat ungreased baking dish.
- Top with reserved sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION