Taco Salad With Everything
photo by looneytunesfan
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, browned, drained and cooled
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (mild or med.)
- 2 large head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 small sweet onions, diced
- 5 slicing tomatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed in the bag
- 16 ounces ranch salad dressing, chilled (DO NOT use fat free (it will get too watery!)
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish on top of salad (optional)
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos and salad dressing. Toss to mix well.
- Toss in crushed Doritos----toss well. Gradually mix in salad dressing to desired moistness (you may like less or more than the whole 16 oz bottle).
- Place in a very large serving bowl and garnish with avocado slices (if desired) and some cilantro. Best if served right away.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this a few months ago for a pot luck at my work & forgot to rate it. This was soooo good and it made ALOT. I ended up w/ quite a bit left just because there was so much of it in the first place. It was really good the second day even though it was a little mushy. I think the flavors really had time to meld together. I LOVED the addition of the corn- it gave just enough sweetness. The ranch dressing was really good!!! I know alot of people who make their taco salad w/ catalina dressing, but I prefer it w/ the ranch!! THANKS! I'll be making this again~
This was wonderful!!! I thought it would be a light summer dinner... but I was so stuffed! I reduced the recipe to 4 servings and it was perfect. I browned the meat along with Cheddar flavored Taco Seasoning and some salsa. Wonderful flavors! Love the crunchy chips in the salad! I made the salad about 5 hours ahead of time and kept it in the fridge. When I was ready to serve it I lightly heated the meat and then mixed it all together with the chips and topped it with dressing once it was plated ... so simple and so much flavor.
see 1 more reviews