Taco One Skillet Meal
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Cook ground beef and onions together until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off all fat.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Add enough water to juice to make 2 1/2 cups.
- Add to the pan.
- Add tomatoes, rice and taco seasoning and stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and place lettuce on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this one night while we were camping. PERFECT camping recipe!!! I made the following substitutions: ground turkey instead of ground beef, garlic & sweet onion petite cut tomatoes and Calrose (short grain) rice. I'm going to be making it at home - it's so good! The leftovers are great as a dip with corn chips.
see 7 more reviews
Loved it! I used ground turkey instead of beef, a can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes, and also added a can of diced green chilies. After the liquid was absorbed, I sprinkled on some chopped avocado, then the cheese and lettuce. The only complaint from the family was that I didn't buy tortilla chips to have with it! (I'll make a note of that for the future...) Thanks for a tasty, easy meal.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.