Taco Mac Buffalo Hot Wings
- Ready In:
2-3 pounds wings
- Combine hot sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and sugar; mix well in a pot and warm the sauce until butter is melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
- If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
- If they have not been clipped yet, clip the tips off, and separate at the joint.
- Wash them well in cool water. Season with salt, paprika and cayenne.
- Put on a paper towel covered rack/tray in the refrigerator overnight to air dry. ( This is critical if you want to match the texture of Taco Macs, especially if they were frozen).
- Oil should be about 375 degrees. Deep fry the wings in batches until just golden, about 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
- Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel covered pain to drain and put in a warm oven (200 degrees) while cooking the remaining wings. But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot.
- Put the wings into a large bowl with lid. Add the hot sauce. Put on the lid, then shake making sure to coat all the wings evenly. Serve any left over sauce on the side.
- Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks. Don’t forget the beer!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
THIS IS NOT TACO MAC WING SAUCE. The Durkee's sauce is a mustard/mayonnaise spread that isn't anywhere close to hot sauce. I carefully measured all of this out and I was left with this extremely buttery, mustard sauce. No where close to buffalo/hot sauce. I had to register just to let people know this IS NOT red buffalo sauce.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 55 year old female. Born and raised in the south. I am married and have three grown children and one granddaughter and my best friend Chewy,a toy yorkie. I love Carolina basketball. camping and reading. I have been cooking since I was able to reach the counter, cooking my first meal at the age of 10. My mother and grandmother taught me the southern ways. I don't measure much (neither did they) so if you try my recipes, take that into consideration. I am a three time cancer survivor and hope to finally get my recipes together in one spot for family and friends before my luck runs out. Hope you and your family enjoys them as much as mine has.