Taco Appetizer Platter
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (HONEY)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- corn chips (scoops)
- In a skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk;.
- Spread on a 14-inch serving platter or pizza pan.
- Top with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Drizzle with HONEY barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Serve with corn chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this to serve with our appy night and it was the hit of the evening. We loved the sweet taste the bbq sauce gave to it. The only change I made was to use pickled jalapeno's chopped in place of the canned green chilies. This is so easy to prepare and makes a great presentation. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Big Lick, VA that has the biggest world star made my hand. I'm a direct order entry clerk at a rental uniform. I love to cook and make sure everyone is full. I don't want anyone to go hungry. I was raised up to fix what ever was in the pantry and make a meal out of it. We ate what was serve to us,there is to many hungry people out there would like to have the little bit of food that I got. I like Taste of Home and Paula Deen cook magazines. I'm married to a wonderful man for 30 years. I have a stepson and a granddaughter who I adore. I love gardening and crafts.</p>