Taco Appetizer Platter
I have been making this for years. It is so good just for a snack. In fact, I have been known to make this for (Ahem!) Sunday supper. Just sit and munch.
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup taco sauce (your choice in heat)
- 1⁄2 small head of lettuce (cut and diced)
- 1 large tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons diced green peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 8 black olives (sliced)
- 8 green olives (sliced)
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- I put this on a 12" round platter, but any dish would be fine.
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with mixer.
- Slowly add the taco sauce and beat well.
- Neatly spread this on a platter.
- Sprinkle the lettuce as the next layer.
- Then over this arrange the diced tomatoes.
- Next layer is the green pepper and then the onion.
- Next layer is the olives arranged nicely.
- Then lastly is the cheddar cheese; (In the photo I did not put it on because I didn't have any, but by the time we ate it, I had gone to the store and got some).
- Use frito scoops or tortillas for scooping up the platter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this recipe for a family get together and the platter was clean quickly! Used 1-8z. light cream cheese spread thinly on a large platter and sprinkled with Basic Taco/Fajita Seasoning (#81428) and used Fat Free Cheddar Cheese. Also lightly sprinkled more seasoning before adding cheese. Next time I might add green onions/chives for a bit more color.Reply
see 2 more