- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup fine grain Bulgar wheat
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion, very finely minced
- 2 cups parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Soak the bulgar in a large bowl of warm water for one hour.
- take the seeds and core out of the peeled tomato and dice them very small. set aside for about an hour (do this while you soak the wheat so they are both ready at the same time).
- Line a mesh colander with a heavy paper towel, or a dishtowel and drain the wheat into it. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Now drain the tomato of any water it has collected.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
Join The Conversation
I made this gluten free using cooked quinoa!!! It was yummy and DH ate a lot of it. I did add extra freshly squeezed lemon juice. I also used flat leaf parsley, green onions, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper as I didn't have white, unrefined extra virgin olive oil and the tomatoes. I would make this again with green onions. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.