Tabbouli / Tabouli / Tabbouleh Salad (Gluten Free)
photo by ValFosburgh
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 large bunch fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1 medium sweet white onion
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 olive oil
- 1⁄4 lemon juice
- Prepare the cauliflower: Grate the cauliflower until it's "riced" or you may use a food processor Ninja and pulse the cauliflower in batches 10-15 times for 1.5 seconds to rice it. Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave safe dish and microwave cook for 6-7 minutes on high until soft but not mushy. Set aside and let it cool.
- Prepare the parsley: pull the curly parsley from the stem and rinse thoroughly. Use salad spinner to spin the parsley dry, repeating 2-3 times and dumping water out each time. Chop parsley finely by hand or use Ninja or food processor carefully on pulse to chop the parsley finely. (Do not chop on high speed as it will juice the parsley and make it mushy.) Dump the parsley into a very large bowl that will be used to mix all ingredients.
- Chop the tomatoes and onions: Finely chop the tomatoes and onions. Place the tomatoes in a salad spinner or colander and swish around to remove excess moisture, juice and seeds before adding to parsley. Add chopped onions and tomatoes to parsley mixture.
- Mix and Dress: Add cooled, riced cauliflower to parsley mixture. Top with olive oil, salt, lemon juice and dried mint and mix thoroughly with a large slotted spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Can be served immediately, but it is best made ahead and allowed to chill for a few hours. Better as the days go by!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!