Tabbouleh (Bob's Red Mill)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups parsley, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed with leaves separated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- Presoak bulgur. Place 2 cups bulgur in a bowl. Pour 2 cups water over bulgur and let stand 1 hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together bulgur, parsley, mint, onions, cumin, salt, and tomatoes using a wooden spoon.
- Add the lemon juice, toss and chill for 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Before serving, toss again with olive oil. Serve in a mound with romaine lettuce leaves arranged like the spokes of a wheel. Scatter cucumber slices over romaine leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!