T. V. P. Sausage Crumbles (Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten-Free)
Based on my: Recipe #380398, this is a delicious addition to your favorite vegan gravy or pizza.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos (gluten-free if needed for gf diet) or 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free if needed for gf diet)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄2 cup textured vegetable protein (gluten-free if needed for diet)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- oil (for frying)
- Stir boiling water with liquid smoke (if using), soy sauce, maple syrup, and molasses.
- Meanwhile, mix TVP with dry seasonings; stir to incorporate. Combine wet and dry mixtures. Then allow the TVP to absorb the moisture for about 5 minutes while you heat the oil.
- Fry mixture in oil in an uncovered frying pan on medium heat, about 5 minutes (or until browned), stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this recipe! I have been vegan for over 10 years and have probably tried every store bought vegan sausage available. I even bought a few vegetarian ones. (Sshhh, don't tell.) I couldn't find one that I liked. I have used it in sausage gravy so far, but will definitely find other uses for this fantastic recipe.Reply
Love, love this. Turned out great. Mix and match whatever seasonings you have for italian sausage, breakfast sausage, greek, indian curry, etc. I reduced the braggs to 1 tablespoon and it was still plenty salty for me, could probably even use less. My meat-loving husband even loved this, so will be using this recipe often. This recipe is actually closer to 2 servings though, nowhere near the listed 8 servings. But still delicous.Reply
see 10 more