T.G.I.F's Broccoli Cheese Soup
A good copycat recipe I use in place of Campbell's broccoli and cheddar for my soup freak! Serve with Salad, hot bread or crackers.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices process American cheese (like Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, cut to bite size pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine Chicken broth, water, half and half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes more or until broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- Pour into a large soup bowl and offer cheese and parsley at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 15 more