Szechuan Chilli Prawn Pizza
photo by Baz231
- Ready In:
- 150 g raw prawns
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large plain pizza crust (i.e. pizza base)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, sliced in thin strips
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally into 1 cm pieces
- 3 bocconcini, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Add chilli flakes and pepper to the prawns and mix well. Refrigerate while preparing the rest of the pizza.
- Grill the zucchini slices under a grill pre-heated on high, until golden. Set aside.
- Mix the tomato paste with 1/2 tblsp of the sweet chilli sauce and cover the pizza base evenly with it.
- Spread the zucchini slices, mushrooms and capsicum evenly over the pizza.
- Add the prawns and bocconcini pieces, then sprinkle with sliced spring onions.
- Sprinkle sparingly with mozzarella cheese, if using.
- Cook the pizza in the pizza maker or oven until prawns are cooked - approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the remaining sweet chilli sauce to taste then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking Indian, Moroccan and Thai foods, but like experimenting. I'll try any type of food, as long as its not bland and boring!