Szaloncukor - an Edible Christmas Decoration
photo by AnikoBan
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 400 g crushed household biscuits
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200 g butter
- 120 g sugar (can be 150g if you have a sweet tooth)
- 150 ml milk
- 10 ml rum
- 300 g dark chocolate, to melt
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the cocoa powder in a big mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter with the sugar and milk on the hob. When the butter and sugar is all melted pour it into the biscuit mix. Mix well and add the rum.
- Cool it in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Form little bonbon shapes. This quantity should be enough for 50 pieces.
- Line them up on a tray and transfer into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop up the chocolate and melt it over steam. I use a little metal pot for the chocolate and I put it over a pot of boiling water.
- Dip the frozen bonbons into the chocolate and transfer them onto baking paper to dry.
- Once dried you can cut out 15cm x 15cm square shapes from the baking paper and 10cm x 10cm from tin foil and wrap to finish the szaloncukor.
- For photos and more recipes please visit my blog at whatsfordinner.anikoban.com.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!