Swordfish With Tomato, Basil and Lemon
- Ready In:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients.
- Place swordfish on foil lined baking sheet and brush them lightly with the basting sauce. Broil the fish four inches from the heat until opaque on top. 3-4 minutes.
- Coarsely chop tomato and parsley and add them to the remaining basting sauce.
- Turn the fish steaks and spoon the tomato-basting sauce mixture over them.
- Bake until fish is firm and just flakes when tested with a fork. 3-4 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A delicious way to serve fish! I had halibut on hand, so used that. I allowed the fish to marinate in the sauce for one hour prior to baking in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes. I also used a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes. The mustard and lemon really brightened up the flavor of this dish. Thank you for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.