Swiss Steak Crockpot Style
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 2 -3 lbs chuck roast, cut into large pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup knorr's beef bouillon
- 1 -2 green pepper, roughly chopped
- add chuck roast, stewed tomatoes, onion, and boullion to crockpot. cook on low 8 hours add green pepper 1-2 hours before finished cooking. serve over rice or buttered noodles.
- yummy with warm bread and a glass of red wine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I think this is another one of those recipes which is pretty much fool-proof. I discovered too late in the day that my slow cooker insert had not been washed yet by the grandkids. (I have mobility problems so have to rely on help for some things.) Therefore I used my electric skillet. I figured this recipe would be a hit with my DH since he loves stewed tomatoes so much. It was wonderful. The meat was tender. moist, and delicious. Now what more could any chef wish for if not that! Made for PAC Spring 2012.