My daughter's favorite meal and my husband's third favorite. Very tasty, tender and different from other steak recipes. This is a made-up recipe by me.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup yoshida's teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons oleo
- Cut the sirloin in pieces about 2x3 inches.
- Coat the meat with the flour, salt and pepper.
- Pound the meat on a cutting board with a meat mallet.
- Dip again into the remaining flour.
- I use 2 large frying pans with 2 tablespoons of oleo in each to fry the meat inches.
- Fry the steak until browned on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and fry the chopped onion.
- Now add the meat, onion, pan drippings, crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, and all the sauces to a crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours or until fork tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm gonna be honest, I was skeptical. I used flank steak because it was on sale. I also used 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis, added a splash of Frank's Hot Sauce and subbed a sweet onion for a red one. I skipped the crockpot && let it sit on the stove for about an hour, turning the burner on when it looked cold. So.so.so.so good!! Doubled the sauce && spooned over some refrigerated biscuits I made and it was so great! I will definately make this again and again and again!Reply
see 2 more